- User interfaces
- Information visualization
- Constraint programming
Main Focus of Research
- Mathematical approaches to the construction of visual and interactive systems
Please see this page.
Lab at Hosei
Hosobe is working with 4 graduate students and 7 undergraduate students at Hosei University (as of April 2019). Hosei is one of the oldest Japanese private universities, originally established in 1880, only 12 years after the end of the Edo samurai period. In 2014, the Japanese government selected Hosei as one of the 37 top-rated Japanese universities for the Top Global University Project. Our lab is located in Koganei City of Tokyo.
Notes: Hosobe previously worked with 1 French research assistant at Hosei University for 6 months. More previously, he worked at the National Institute of Informatics in Tokyo, where he supervised 6 overseas interns (3 from France, 2 from Australia, and 1 from Vietnam) for 3 to 6 months each as well as hosted 1 postdoc from Germany for 7 months. He also has long been collaborating with researchers in foreign countries, especially in France.
Hosei University provides master’s and doctoral degree programs for overseas students. Also, a double degree program (DDP) is offered to master’s students of more than 30 Chinese universities.
Hosobe can accept graduate students from the following degree programs:
- Institute of Integrated Science and Technology (IIST)—Master’s and doctoral degree programs
- Graduate School of Computer and Information Sciences (CIS)—Master’s and doctoral degree programs
- Graduate School of Computer and Information Sciences (CIS)—Double degree program (DDP) for master’s students who belong to certain Chinese universities
Highly talented and motivated students are welcome to join us.
Faculty of Computer and Information Sciences, Hosei University
3-7-2 Kajino-cho, Koganei-shi, Tokyo 184-8584, Japan